Important things to know and share
Early Artist Registration: May 10th -May 25th (Early Bird 10% discount)
Regular Registration : May 25th -June 22nd (no extensions/no refunds/no cancellations once payment is received)
Tour of Arts & Industry Reception: Friday, October 4th Ravenswood Event Center – Showroom, 4011 N. Ravenswood Ave 7:30-10:30pm
2013 Ravenswood ArtWalk Tour of Arts & Industry:
Saturday, October 5th, 11am to 7pm and Sunday, October 6th, 11am to 6pm
It looks bad…plus we want you to be there so you don’t miss anyone whom is interested in your work
Applicant Options (please note changes):
If your business is along the Ravenswood Avenue corridor between Irving Park and Lawrence, you can sign up to open your doors, be included on the map and online media and even host artists!
If you are an artist wishing to be a part of the walk, you have several options:
- If you have a studio within the corridor, you may simply open your doors and be included on the map! ($75 for the weekend) You can also request to host additional artists in your space. Each artist is asked to pay the entry fee ($75) so we can include them in all the promotional impressions. During the application process each artist will need to request this location in special needs.
- You can be placed in one of the many historic corridor buildings, either in a space provided by a participating business or in one we create for you and fellow artists. ($80 for the weekend) Spaces are no larger than a 10′ wall space or a 10′x10′ floor space, so we can comfortably place everyone equally. In the special needs please let us know if you require wall or floor space.
- You can be placed in our huge outdoor tent that will feature up to 40 artists. This location is recommended for artists with tables or lightweight hanging items (such as unframed prints) that can be hung from a wire. This tent will be located in the gravel area on the corner of Ravenswood Ave. and Wilson. ($130 for the weekend) For the same fee you can supply your own tent and be placed along the artwalk.
What everyone gets in return for their application fee:
- A listing on the website which includes your name/studio name, location on the art walk, one photo of your work which is chosen by the selection panel and a short description.
- A listing on the map of both your name and location in the art walk.
- A listing on the website which includes your name/studio name, location on the art walk, business logo and a short description.
- A listing on the map of both your business name and location in the art walk.
Changes to the application process starting this year and going forward
- All participating artists must have an Illinois Business Tax number this year in order to complete the online application. To sell in Illinois one must collect tax and then needs to pay this tax back to the state at tax time. No way around it.To apply visit: http://www.revenue.state.il.us/businesses/register.htm.
- No group discounts. Due to the very low request for group discounts we have decided to discontinue this rate for fairness to all participating.
- There is a special needs selection in the application process. In this area one can state that they are a hosted artist in a specific location. The location will be contacted in order to confirm. Also one can request either a wall space or the need for table space. No tables or tents will be available to rent this year. Sorry. Please make sure that you bring with you what you need and then leave no trace once you have left.
- Once the online application process is completed each applicant will then receive a paypal invoice once the deadline has been reached (May 25th and July 3rd, tentatively). This paypal invoice must then be paid within 72hours in order to participate in the art walk. All fees must be submitted via PayPal, please no personal checks this year, as we want to be sure that you get your online listing! Also we just do not have the man power to do things the old school way. You do not need a PayPal account to submit your fee. As long as you have a debit or credit card, submitting payment via PayPal is super easy. Any questions just visit https://www.paypal.com/home and it will lay all your concerns to rest.
- We may limit the total number of artists participating in the big tented area. So please get your applications in soon as there is a slight selection process. We want to be sure that we get a wide selection of wares!
- We want to place similar priced art together so in the application process we have asked each artists to list the price range of their art.
- Also once fee is received there are no cancellations, no extensions for applying and refunds.
- Application process coming soon!